Faq's On Photovoltaic|Solar|panel|Installations
Source Solar PhotoVoltaic (PV) Systems
Q. How much space on my roof do I need for a solar PV installation?
- Our grid connected systems start from around 1kW peak power, this occupies about 8 square metres on your roof.
Q. How much electricity does a PV system output?
- For every kW peak power installed on a South facing roof the system will generate around 700 - 850 kWh.
Q. How much does a Solar PV system cost?
- Installed prices (including VAT) start from around £6500 per kW peak power.
Q. Do I need planning permission?
- Photovoltaic systems do not need planning permission unless the property is listed or in a conservation area. However you should speak to building control about your intentions, and they will advise you if you need to take any further action with them. As installers we will be happy to speak to your Local Authority Building Control Officer.
Q. How much will I be paid for electricity I generate?
- The Feed in Tariff pays up to 41.3p/kWh for all the electricity generated even if used in your own property.
Q. What is the lead time?
- Approx 1-2 months for an installation, however we can arrange a site survey to be carried out within 2 weeks.